4.29.2007
Fine then...just go!
I figure it's time to sit down and write something here. I've been a little paralyzed lately when I think about what is about to happen in the next few weeks. I've spent almost a year now getting ready to leave...ummm...in 10 days...and, after a few deep breathes, I've accepted that this is quite possibly the best planned and biggest "project" that I've ever undertaken and, on top of that, pulled off in decent order and calmness. I try not to even think about what the next two years will hold in terms of challenging this reigning accomplishment...because it is scary.
However, there's absolutely no way that I can take most of the credit for this. In the past year, all my friends and family have been so incredibly giving, supportive, and assisting and I know for sure that I would not be where I am now without them....as this has always been the case.
I feel like I do have more to blog about these days, but I just haven't been doing it. I think it's because when I get stressed out, I have a hard time figuring out what I should actually be dooooooing. So, I'd like to keep this farewell somewhat brief, but the musing at the Lesbo BBQ are coming to a close. I'm planning on starting a new blog for my time in the Philippines which, at this time, can be found at http://governmentbread.blogspot.com/
I've decided that the name of the blog will be changed due to the possibility of it being taken the wrong way and offending somebody. Apparently, my new job is going to insist that I step my sensitivity up a notch...shessh...some people are so picky! Also, this blog is going to be a general reading place for all thing Peace Corps related...my readers will most likely include some of my family, so my writing will be toned down and less-filled with obscenities. Also, the government watches what I write...so, I'm not allowed to go on cultural, political or societal rants. Basically, I have no idea what is going to be worth reading on the damn thing.
Lastly, because of the whole "family" thing, all access to my past blogs (including this one) is going to be turned off from public view. This means that only you lucky people who knew the BBQ existed BEFORE May of 2007 will be able to come back and read the posts at will. Some of the things I've said in the past would not do me well if discovered by my family.
Okay. I won't make this the official "close of shop" for the BBQ, but I just wanted to introduce the new blog and, well, check in...I guess. The new blog is still in need of some final touches and if there are any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. That will also be a central place to find where to send me mail...when I find out, of course...which, I will be desiring greatly *hint, hint*.
Now its time for some trashy Sunday night teevee with the peeps...
However, there's absolutely no way that I can take most of the credit for this. In the past year, all my friends and family have been so incredibly giving, supportive, and assisting and I know for sure that I would not be where I am now without them....as this has always been the case.
I feel like I do have more to blog about these days, but I just haven't been doing it. I think it's because when I get stressed out, I have a hard time figuring out what I should actually be dooooooing. So, I'd like to keep this farewell somewhat brief, but the musing at the Lesbo BBQ are coming to a close. I'm planning on starting a new blog for my time in the Philippines which, at this time, can be found at http://governmentbread.blogspot.com/
I've decided that the name of the blog will be changed due to the possibility of it being taken the wrong way and offending somebody. Apparently, my new job is going to insist that I step my sensitivity up a notch...shessh...some people are so picky! Also, this blog is going to be a general reading place for all thing Peace Corps related...my readers will most likely include some of my family, so my writing will be toned down and less-filled with obscenities. Also, the government watches what I write...so, I'm not allowed to go on cultural, political or societal rants. Basically, I have no idea what is going to be worth reading on the damn thing.
Lastly, because of the whole "family" thing, all access to my past blogs (including this one) is going to be turned off from public view. This means that only you lucky people who knew the BBQ existed BEFORE May of 2007 will be able to come back and read the posts at will. Some of the things I've said in the past would not do me well if discovered by my family.
Okay. I won't make this the official "close of shop" for the BBQ, but I just wanted to introduce the new blog and, well, check in...I guess. The new blog is still in need of some final touches and if there are any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. That will also be a central place to find where to send me mail...when I find out, of course...which, I will be desiring greatly *hint, hint*.
Now its time for some trashy Sunday night teevee with the peeps...
Comments:
<< Home
You will be sorely missed; however, i'll put ye new addy on HN and keep up w/ your south asian adventures fo' sho'.
Post a Comment
<< Home

