12.25.2005
Jingling all the way.
Dun dun dun...dun dun dun...dun...dii...doo...dah...dun.
That's me singing Jingle Bells...for you. Hope you liked it.
My entire family's at midnight Mass right now, so I have 45 more minutes to get this out before someone hovers over my shoulder and asks, "Hey...what are you doing?"
Of course, I'd just give 'em my standard answer anyway...stuff.
I say my entire family's at Mass, but my brother actually had the balls to cop out this year. Took him long enough (I'm still sailing on The Suburban Church Boycott of 1995...ten years and still going strong!)...so, really, my father is the only actual member of my family not around...unless you count my step family. I guess I don't. Give me 15 more years or so for it to sink in.
So, I spent the entire afternoon and evening eating ridiculous amounts of food that should not be considered food (e.g.: pate, mini-eclairs, various nuts, etc) and, of course, watching TV...because, when it comes down to it, there's NOTHING else to do here.
Oh. But I forgot the drinking. My dad keeps a fully stocked bar (more so than when I was in high school...surprisingly...) and I've been keeping myself entertained by playing bartender. Right now, I'm finishing off what they call a "Pure Fetish"...I think the name's a bit much, if you ask me (which, I'll just assume you did..).
So, vodka, peach schnapps, orange and cranberry juice are the ingredients for a fetish these days?
Man, and I thought I was square.
But, I will say...the cocktails soften the creepiness of Suburbia. I really just don't get it. I grew up here...went to school...family...friends...sports...blah blah...and this place is STILL uncomfortable and weird to me. I always feel like I'm in a movie or some reality show...or that everyone around me is an actor that, at any moment, might freeze in place and start laughing...because...I'M ON CANDID CAMERA!
Ha.
Maybe it's the drugs. Yes. I'll blame the drugs...they're always up for being the scapegoat.
Speaking of scapegoats, it's now officially Christmas...so, Merry effn' Christmas. I'm going to sleep...
That's me singing Jingle Bells...for you. Hope you liked it.
My entire family's at midnight Mass right now, so I have 45 more minutes to get this out before someone hovers over my shoulder and asks, "Hey...what are you doing?"
Of course, I'd just give 'em my standard answer anyway...stuff.
I say my entire family's at Mass, but my brother actually had the balls to cop out this year. Took him long enough (I'm still sailing on The Suburban Church Boycott of 1995...ten years and still going strong!)...so, really, my father is the only actual member of my family not around...unless you count my step family. I guess I don't. Give me 15 more years or so for it to sink in.
So, I spent the entire afternoon and evening eating ridiculous amounts of food that should not be considered food (e.g.: pate, mini-eclairs, various nuts, etc) and, of course, watching TV...because, when it comes down to it, there's NOTHING else to do here.
Oh. But I forgot the drinking. My dad keeps a fully stocked bar (more so than when I was in high school...surprisingly...) and I've been keeping myself entertained by playing bartender. Right now, I'm finishing off what they call a "Pure Fetish"...I think the name's a bit much, if you ask me (which, I'll just assume you did..).
So, vodka, peach schnapps, orange and cranberry juice are the ingredients for a fetish these days?
Man, and I thought I was square.
But, I will say...the cocktails soften the creepiness of Suburbia. I really just don't get it. I grew up here...went to school...family...friends...sports...blah blah...and this place is STILL uncomfortable and weird to me. I always feel like I'm in a movie or some reality show...or that everyone around me is an actor that, at any moment, might freeze in place and start laughing...because...I'M ON CANDID CAMERA!
Ha.
Maybe it's the drugs. Yes. I'll blame the drugs...they're always up for being the scapegoat.
Speaking of scapegoats, it's now officially Christmas...so, Merry effn' Christmas. I'm going to sleep...
