5.03.2005

 

Highway to the danger zone...

So, here I am...at my house...getting used to not being alone in the middle of the night. It's kinda funny...last year it took quite some time for me to get used to living alone for the first time in my life...oh, silly, silly life.

Just a couple of weeks ago my roommate...you know the perfect one who's "lived" here for the past six months?...informed me that she would like to stay in the house for a little bit longer. She had told me a few months back that she would be moving out on May 1st...the plan was that she was going to move in with her boyfriend and everything would be great.

Unfortunatley, her boyfriend was laid off from his job just a couple of weeks ago...sooooooo, this leads to that and TADA!!! Now I have TWO roommates!

I'm actually ok with all of this. They're both really cool people...and it is sort of nice having some non-feline company around every once in a while. But, I just wasn't ready for the reality of it.

Last night, around 2 a.m., I was kinda caught, well...off guard. After a few beers at the bar, I came home and started doing the normal things I do after becoming slightly intoxicated.

You know, blarring Bananarama, lighting up incense to prepare for my devious in-house smoking, and, of course, hanging upside down from the chin-up bar that my previous roomie installed in my bedroom's door frame.

It was all very Top Gun.

I had finished approximately one upside down sit up (which is my long standing maximum) and had grounded myself when I was abnormally compelled to put on some actual PJs (in all honesty, I much rather hang out and sleep in less clothes rather than more...not to be sleazy or anything...)

SO. Anyway...it was a good thing I did, because around 2:06 a.m. my roommate and her boyfriend decided that it was time to come "home". I naturally fucking got freaked out and exclaimed, "Oh God!...Jesus!" Roomie's boyfriend's reply to this was, "That's right...it's both God and Jesus....how ya doin?"

Things were ok after that...I explained that I just wasn't used to anybody else besides myself coming home that late and that I'd get used to it...

This is what was coming out of my mouth...but, in my head, all I could think about was that I was glad that they hadn't come home 10 minutes earlier...I think if that had happened, I would've immediately found myself footing all of May and June's rent by myself....

Comments:
Bananarama: god, that brings back memories of running around the living room singing, "She's got it! Yes, baby, she's got it!" That's funny because we used to change "venus" to "penis".

We were lame.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?