4.02.2005

 

Kissing the keys, biting the circuits

Top three things I've found out about my new computer:

1. Its a "laptop".

B. This means I have to pay extra close attention to my cats. They like to focus their attention on whatever my attention is focused on...whether it be a crossword puzzle or a large technological investment...whatever it may be, they like to lay on it.

III. Wires get in the way. With my old computer, the wires were behind the desk. So what if the cable modem, stereo and mouse are plugged in? The only thing I had to deal with were the peripheral mouse and keyboard...not so much with this "all in one" miralce. Sure...everything is compact and portable..but, what happens when I want my non-portable stuff to be connected? Pure chaos, I tell you.

This leads me to...

Top three things I've found out about myself since aquiring the "new computer"* on Wednesday morning:

A. I'm not nearly as hip as I thought I was.

Two: I have a laptop. Where do I have to go with this "laptop"? Nowhere, apparently...my modem, printer, mouse and speakers still seem to be reluctently attached to the wall or other static fictures...future posts may or may not reflect this. One thing I know for sure, these things don't fit on my lap. "Check me out...I'm all over the place! No one can stop me...My technology and I are TOTALLY portable!" But...this is not the case. It may be that my computer has the ability to up and rouse itself to various locations, but as for myself, it apparently takes more than a sleek outer-casing and a fast processor to get myself moving.

And finally: I really prefer my baggy pants to my appropriate size-fitting pants. Which do I value more, comfort or apperance? This year, apperance seems to have taken a lead...but still, I hate the idea of sacraficing comfort. And I don't give a fuck what Old Navy, Cosmo, Oprah or The View says...there is no compromise.



*yet to be named

Comments:
Glad to see you back in the virtual world!! Huzzah! BTW: what was your old computer's name? Mine is named Simon...for no reason.

~The Booklahver
 
Glad to see you back in the virtual world!! Huzzah! BTW: what was your old computer's name? Mine is named Simon...for no reason.

~The Booklahver
 
Glad to see you back in the virtual world!! Huzzah! BTW: what was your old computer's name? Mine is named Simon...for no reason.

~The Booklahver
 
Glad to see you back in the virtual world!! Huzzah! BTW: what was your old computer's name? Mine is named Simon...for no reason.

~The Booklahver
 
Geez, I think Booklahver REALLY missed you, Mel...

Glad you're back among the cyber-chatty. You were missed. I hope you have a most wonderful camping trip this weekend. Say hi to D and Megan for me...and to Margaret and John (although they probably won't remember me).

Keep postin! We'll keep readin!
 
There's nothing that shows love more than psychotically repeating a phrase over and over again...

I missed all of my virtual friends so much...not that you're all not real friends too, it's just that since I never see you guys my mental images have changed since our last physical encounters.

I'd describe what my imagination has done to you guys, but it may be inappropriate...actually I'm just lazy...someday, for sure...
 
While I DID miss you, my computer is not the best at posting these comments and then showing me said comments. I am also psychotic.

~The Booklahver
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?