7.21.2004
I'll see you around
Today's theme: friendship with the ex.
It's so simple in theory. But I'm wondering if it's even at all possible. I mean, I know it is in a sense, I have examples to point to (so I think). But, in reality, I'm wondering if it's like quitting smoking...in that the feelings are always there but the actual actions are upon you.
Days, months and years can pass without any instances. But, if these instances do occur, it's as if the whole friendship thing was never actually possible. Things are back to the first step all over again...and usually with more complications.
So. What does it take to be nothing but friends? Discipline? A complete lack of physical attraction? Fear? Commitment to another person? Discipline?
I guess you could stop having any contact with them. But, if you remove yourself from the ex so that you only have minimal contact with them, how exactly do you consider yourself a friend?
I swear, I thought I really knew the answer to this. But now, I'm really starting to rethink my decisions.
It's so simple in theory. But I'm wondering if it's even at all possible. I mean, I know it is in a sense, I have examples to point to (so I think). But, in reality, I'm wondering if it's like quitting smoking...in that the feelings are always there but the actual actions are upon you.
Days, months and years can pass without any instances. But, if these instances do occur, it's as if the whole friendship thing was never actually possible. Things are back to the first step all over again...and usually with more complications.
So. What does it take to be nothing but friends? Discipline? A complete lack of physical attraction? Fear? Commitment to another person? Discipline?
I guess you could stop having any contact with them. But, if you remove yourself from the ex so that you only have minimal contact with them, how exactly do you consider yourself a friend?
I swear, I thought I really knew the answer to this. But now, I'm really starting to rethink my decisions.
