7.29.2004

 

Every time I think I'm getting closer...

Gah. I've been thinking about leaving this damn town for so long now. As I stated in my profile description, Austin is the Mecca of the twentysomething wasteland...and every time I think I've finally had it, something or someone else creeps up on me and keeps me here for just a little bit longer.

What the fuck is it?!? I know you other Austin peeps out there know what I'm talking about. This place is great...I love it to death. The outdoor activities are endless...the social activities are plentiful. Yet despite all this, I still want to get out.

Maybe it's not the city itself...Maybe it's my recent failed relationships...maybe it's that I've watched so many of my closest friends move on while I've stayed put...or maybe it's just that I'm afraid of life in general. I don't know.

But, there's one thing I do know for sure...I'm certainly not only one who's ever had these thoughts...and this strangely makes me feel o.k. for having these feelings. This doesn't' mean that I'm not going to do anything about my situation, but it does make me feel like at least partially sane. I not so sure that any other city will clear up all my worries, but it does seem like the hip thing to do...

So many maybes...is the disillusionment clear now?




Comments:
Maybe. I have a hard time accepting that things can be figured out without actual physical exploration. I just get antsy...if I'm going to be changing, I want it all at the same time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?